Here’s a list of official holidays for public and private sectors!
In order to achieve harmony between both sectors, the government decided to integrate holidays for both sectors.
The total number of official holidays this year is 14.
- Gregorian New Year: 1 January
- Eid Al Fitr: From last day of the Islamic month of Ramadan to 3 Shawwal* (4 days)
- Arafah day and Eid Al Adha (Feast of Sacrifice): From 9 to 12 Dhu al Hijjah* (4 days)
- Hijri New Year: 1 Muharram* in 2019 and on 23 August in 2020
- Commemoration Day: 1 December (previously it was observed on 30 November)
- National Day: 2 and 3 December (2 days).
*Note: Islamic holidays are determined according to moon sighting.